PHOTO SHOOTS SHOULD BE FUN!!
- Plan outfits a week in advance, from head to toe
- Set clothes aside to avoid last minute washing/ironing/searching
- Eat a good meal beforehand, this applies mostly for kids
- Bring treats or plan for a post photo shoot reward
- For kids <4yo, pack a backup outfit, accidents/spots happen!
- Build in buffer time (sessions are short and will start promptly)
- RELAX, TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND THEN.....
- DANCE, PLAY, RUN, JUMP, HAVE FUN - these make for the best photos!
Parents/couples: I LOVE a good pattern on moms but if you have one strong print, balance it out with some neutrals on your partner. Dress, tights (if cold), booties and a long cardigan is my personal go to. I usually pick out a neutral button down and a sweater or cardigan for my husband.
My little girl exclusively wears dresses so those were my top picks. A solid colored dress (that goes well with BOTH parents) and some booties or other comfy shoes. Bonus points if the dress has a good twirl factor!
For little boys, I stick pretty similar to the dad or just a button down with sleeves rolled up. REMEMBER, if it's going to be cold, dress kids accordingly!! You might be able to smile while cold but kids DO NOT,
All these outfits and more are available on Amazon for quick shipping in time for October mini sessions! I cannot vouch for all of these but I personally have a few. As always, read reviews, double check size chart, shipping speeds and return policy.